Dan Boyle (left) & Randy Morgan (right)
CORONADO TRAINING CENTER
Coronado Training Center’s growing to better serve your fitness needs. Randy Morgan, a retired SEAL/NSW officer with over 27 years on Active Duty, and a 25 year Coronado resident, is partnering with Master Dan Boyle, the current owner. The highly accomplished team will continue to expand the Coronado Training Center.
With new branding to match their expansion and state-of-art gym equipment, the ownership team will better serve the Coronado community. Additionally, we will be adding new professional staff and guest speakers from the fitness and military worlds. Our goal will be to provide a clean, professional work out experience for all our customers. Professionals and families will feel very comfortable here and find the experience quite refreshing.
At CTC we train students of all ages, genders and abilities, from novice to professionals. I have directed a fitness and weight loss camp for overweight children and also trained adults to become licensed California fighters. Such a wide variety of coaching styles is one of the many advantages offered at CTC, and beneficial to all our students.
As the Chief Instructor of CTC, I am continuously rewarded by my students, as they improve their skills, gain confidence and increase their self-esteem. As a parent, I understand the pressures on today’s children and parents. I take pride in developing students both mentally and physically. Our training is based on discipline and respect, without ever losing sight of our focus on making training both fun and rewarding.
• has over 30 years experience in fitness: training martial arts, weight training, boxing and competitive sports
• received his Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do from Master Keith Jones of Marina Tae Kwon Do in Los Angles, CA in March 1998; certificate is registered at the Kuk Ki Won in Korea – World Tae Kwon Do headquarters
• teaches World Tae Kwon Do Federation Taeqeuk forms and Olympic style sparring
• competed for Master Jones in So. California Tournaments – poomes; Master Jones was an alternate on the USA Olympic Tae Kwon Do team 1980 and a certified Olympic referee
• believes all disciplines have advantages and acts according to a personal philosophy regarding training: master a style/discipline, then master another style to its Black Belt level or equivalency. This wide variety of training is included in all CTC programs. Tae Kwon Do students will learn many of the added bonuses of Muay Thai Kickboxing and vice versa
• has top level training in Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, and Thai Kickboxing, training under several masters
• participated in martial arts and boxing tournaments as a competitor, coach, referee and judge
• hosted Amateur Boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing tournaments at his previous studio, Black Belt Martial Arts & Boxing, in San Diego
• is a licensed corner man (a 2nd) in the state of California; able to work the corner of professional/amateur boxing/kickboxing events
• offers seminars in military style self defense, requiring a very different training method from sports training as well as women’s self defense programs
Randy Morgan is a Coronado Resident for the past 25 years. He served for over 27 years in the Navy with duties at SEAL Team 1, 3 and 5. He has always had a community focus and has served on the Board of the Coronado Schools Foundation. He enjoys all sports and fitness related activities. He just completed the Epic Charity Challenge on D-Day in Omaha Beach. With a group of elite athletes, he swam 6.2 miles of the English Channel and then a 26 mile Ruck Run with a 44 pound backpack!